Atlanta Teachers Partner with Primary Schools in Zimbabwe

Follow Abby and Melissa as they travel back to Zimbabwe this summer!

To read about our wonderful trip to Zimbabwe during the summer of 2011, click on the posts to the right! Thank you for all of your support, this would not have been possible with out you.
Enjoy!



Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Books to Africa

Well my friends, Abby is in Africa, hanging out with some rhinos and elephants, and eating giraffe, while I am here, in the US, running around getting myself ready to leave on Monday. I am so excited to meet Abby in South Africa (and hopefully meet some of her new exotic animal friends) and then head to Zimbabwe a couple of days later.
But, before I go, I just have to brag on my students. Before school was over, I asked them to help me create some books to bring with me to Africa. You see, where we are going in Zimbabwe, the schools do not have many books, especially ones that have recognizable animals or even characters with the same color skin as the students there. So, my fifth graders wrote some books and their Pre-K buddies helped them illustrate their books. I was blown away by their stories and illustrations and I can not wait to share them with the schools we will be visiting. I took some pictures for you to enjoy...beware of your heart melting.


 Love working together to help others! 

 Precious right? 

Well, this is the last you will hear from us in the US, the next update will be from Africa! Woohoo!
Abby and Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment